torsdag, oktober 26, 2006

The journey continues

This post is inspired by and dedicated to Emma, also know as jojo... well. Unlike E, I will try to provide a little more background facts, curious information etc.


I'm starting with the big M, also known for me as number one.

Mr. Marvin Gaye - Why did I choose you
From the album Vulnerable, a Marvin version of the beautiful jazz standard.


Neil Finn - There's a light that never goes out
When the cover is better than the original.


Earth, Wind Fire - That's the way of the world
They're known for September, the number one disco song. But EWF truly is like velvet for you ears, even with less bpm. Like M Gaye, there's so much to choose from. But this one is great! Put it on with medium volume, and nothing is impossible. (especially not examinations for psychology)


India Arie - Strength, courage and wisdom
My India favorite, together with wonderful and video. (I'm quite stuck with the "Acoustic Soul" album)


Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Naturally
I like the sound, I like the groove, the feeling... intelligent melody.


Robin Thicke - Lost without you
Of course, he's living on his fathers reputation. But "Brand New Jones" is funky. And yes, I'm weak for male falsetto vocals.


Neil Sedaka - Laughter in the rain
The song smells dork, Neil's surname too. But the chorus is so great! Can't help it.


Joss Stone - Security
I like gospel, who doesn't? Joss has a striking voice and the break in the later part of the song... I love it.

Next week, I won't miss Fibes Oh Fibes or Tingsek's performances.