måndag, november 06, 2006

She's a perfect ten

But she wears a twelve...

That's the beginning of Perfect Ten with Beautiful South.
The theme for this post will be song quotes...

"En gång hade jag mitt kort i baren
i slippen mellan framgång och undergång.
Mitt i ängslighetens största seger
i samförståndets och skvallrets knägång."
- Tomas Andersson WIJ

"Maybe later we can go up to the moon
Or sail among the stars before the night is through
And when morning comes well see the sun is not so far
And we cant get much closer to God than where we are "
- John Legend

"Now as I recall, we tried a million times
Again and again and again, and that isn't all
I gave my love to you each time to make amends
Suddenly I start to realize I can't make it
Pretty birds fly away, I had to leave you for my health's sake
What to do? Make you pay, for leaving you, my fine, is to pay forever
So if a fresh new love comes in, I won't say those words again
Instead I'll say I'll try to love and protect you
With all my heart as long as you want me to"
- Marvin Gaye

"Lay your head
Lay your lovely head
Down on my knee
Early Morning time
Tonight was alright will you stay once the morning has come?
Will the look in your eye be the same once the darkness is gone?"
- Moneybrother

"Tro på drömmen, ta ett kliv.
Vält den värld du lever i.
Och va en galning, va naiv.
Det är det som håller oss vid liv."
- Peter Lemarc

"In a little while from now
If I'm not feeling any less sour
I promise myself to treat myself
And visit a nearby tower
And climbing to the top
Will throw myself off
In an effort to make it clear to whoever
What it's like when you're shattered
Left standing in the lurch at a church
Where people saying
My God that's tough
She stood him up
No point in us remaining
We may as well go home
As I did on my own"
- Gilbert O'Sullivan

Mmmm...